My research takes a critical and creative approach to media studies, literary studies, maker culture, and cultural studies. I develop innovative digital approaches and tools (including research-creation) towards a range of related research areas, including:
– narratives over various media and forms
– media materiality and archaeology, including mixed-media archival
– sustainability and the environmental humanities
– digital culture, “smart” culture, and user interaction
– the invisible subjects, objects, and ecologies of technological infrastructures
My research and pedagogical initiatives have been funded by major grants and awards in several countries. In 2015, I was honoured to receive the international ADHO’s (Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations) Lisa Lena Opas-Hänninen Young Scholar Prize.
In my spare time, I enjoy travelling, meeting new people, arts and crafts, and good food (but who doesn’t enjoy this last one?).
My name is pronounced Ligh (“light” without the T) Chee.
CONTACT: laitze [dot] fan [at] gmail [dot] com